Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Quilting Update

My oh my, this quilting obsession is really cutting down on my stitching time.  That is not a good thing!  But, I'm really enjoying it, so I'm still trying to find that happy medium between my two hobbies.

I love my "Baby Steps" class.  I've learned so much by taking this class and I can't wait to get into "Toddler 101".  Of course, in going along with my mantra, I'm still a serial starter.  I've already planned out my next few quilting projects and I haven't even finished my "Baby Steps" table runner yet!

Here's where I stand right now.....

I managed to turn this:


Into this:


Not only did I manage to do it once, but I did it four times!


Then I was able to sew the four blocks into two blocks:


I think it lined up pretty good for my first try!


Then I put the two blocks together and I now have the inside of my new table runner:

Stop looking at all the mess in the background!!!!  Foucs on the important stuff!!!

In the last class this past week I learned all about borders and faux binding.  I've already put the inner border on, but I don't have any pictures yet.  I plan on breaking out the sewing machine tonight so that I can continue with the outer border and the faux binding.  I really need to try to get most of it together before I attempt my "Toddler" class.  Wish me luck!

Happy Stitches!

9 comments:

Robin said...

I love the caption about the stuff in the background!!!! I seem to have the ability to get my son or husband in their underwear walking in the background. Some people just seem to have the knack how to stage. I am new to quilting too. First class May 2010. I love Saturday's when my husband travels because then it is up to my sewing room. Happy stitching whichever kind you choose.

Mouse said...

oooo well done :) and it looks lovely too :) can't wait for the next progress pics ... and i'm like you get everything I don't want in the background as well ..lol happy stitching what ever you decide to do :) love mouse xxxx

Myra said...

You are doing great! I love the fabrics and colors - very pretty.

Gracie said...

I think you have done a wonderful job....love the colors...what stuff lol

mdgtjulie said...

It's looking good. Keep up the good work and you'll have it done before you know it!!

Catherine said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Looking good. Now you got me curious what your toddler stage will bring

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blue fabrics. Your babysteps are going strong.
When you figure out how to balance the two hobbies, please oh please share it with me. My stitching time has taken over my quilting time. It makes me feel guilty that I am not quilting more. To bad we all can't have a little "Bewitched" nose twinkle magic in us, wouldn't that be the ticket to solving our hobby problems.
Keep up the good work, you will be running races before long.

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Gosh Jennifer, You did GREAT! I've always wanted to learn quilting but so intimidated by it. I have fabbie galore but haven't taken a class on quilting yet. Yet???? yeppers one day.

The runner looks like perfection, but of course your stitching always does too.

I'm still in awe of my beautiful box you stitched for me. Love iT!!!! It's special!

Jennifer