Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So, Who Wants To Travel?

First off, I thank you all so much for your kind words regarding my finish of "ABCD" by La-D-Da.  I've had tons of complements and lots of you have decided to add it to your wish lists.  I'm so happy to help spread a little inspiration.



Now, you may or may not know this, but Peggy Lee at Kentucky Sampler was actually my inspiration for wanting this chart. (Check out her posts here, here, here, here and here.)  I had seen this chart in the past, but I never managed to put it in my stash and she so very kindly offered to me on loan.  The first time I saw it a very dear friend of mine was working on it and finished it while I was visiting her last May.  In fact, that's where I borrowed the idea of making the "J" a different color.  (Thanks Sharon!  Hug, hug.....miss you!  Hope to see you soon!  Maybe in August???)

Long story endless, Peggy Lee came up with the idea of making this a traveling pattern.  I LOVE THIS IDEA!  So, after some email correspondence with Peggy Lee, I have received her blessing to see if there is enough interest in her idea.  Of course, there will have to be a few ground rules, as follows: 
  1. If you decide to join in our travels, you must have an active blog.  (After all, how else will you be able to offer it up to fellow stitchers?)
  2. You must also be willing to stitch this pattern in a timely manner so that it can be sent on to someone else.  Or, if you can't stitch it in a reasonable time, you will need to forgo your chance and offer it up to the next person.  
  3. You must also be willing to post your progress on your blog.  (How else are we supposed to share in your Happy Dances?)
  4. If a suitable stitcher can not be found, the package will then be sent back to Peggy Lee.
If we get enough interest, I will draw a name and the chart will be off to you in a jiffy.  Included with the chart will be a small "autograph" book.  This way you can sign your name and maybe leave some facts about how you stitched the pattern.  Maybe you can include a swatch of fabric and floss.  Or, maybe you could even include a picture showing how you finished it.  It doesn't matter what you choose to write, just be creative.  Eventually the package will make its way back to Peggy Lee.  That way she can have a fun little memento to remember this by.

Let me know by July 10th.  If the interest is there than I will get the rolling!

Happy Stitches!

30 comments:

Robin said...

Oh! Please definitely count me in! I am a recent filleted of Peggy Lee's and just love the char and the idea!

Robin
Red1974@hotmail.com

Maggee said...

Well, you already know I am interested in stitching this chart. How long is a reasonable time to stitch it? I have begun the stitching of exchange pieces and auction pieces, so that is where my focus will mostly be for a while...However, there is always room for a quick piece! Hugs.

Sherry :o) said...

This is a fabulous idea! What a cool thing, sending with a booklet to tell details. Count me in! Being off work right now recoverying from my back surgery, I have just now been able to stitch up a storm. Put my name in the drawing July 10th please. Thanks to you and Peggy...

Peggy Lee said...

WOW! Nicely done Jennifer. You make my head spin with your talent of organization. Thanks for getting this trip started. I can't wait to see where it goes!

natalysneedle said...

Love the idea! I would love to stitch this one and become part of the stitcherhood.

Cath said...

I'd love to be involved , I've watched Peggy Lees' progress and visits from the frogs , lol. Hope she didn't send them too . X

cucki said...

yup..me me me please count me in..i will be so happy so stitch it..i so much wanted to be part of the sisterhood..
love and hugs
cucki xx

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

well if a trip to Canada is in the charts path I would love to be counted in...
Be always in stitches.

Kellie said...

I would love to be included! This is such a cute design. :) I have enjoyed watching both you and Peggy Lee stitch this.

Catherine said...

Oh please count me in!! I have enjoyed watching Peggy's and your progress on this - and would love to stitch it as well!

Kathy A. said...

I so love this piece and the beautiful colors it has been stitched in. I would love to be included in the draw and will follow as you have requested.
drewsgrands@hotmail.com

Kat said...

I'd love a chance as well! I love the colors you chose! Thanks

~Kat

Nancy said...

What a great idea! Love the autograph book idea, so clever!
Please count me in, I watched Peggy Lee's progress on this one and added it to may 'want to stitch' list!

Edgar said...

What a super idea - count me in.

Thx - edgar

Barb said...

It's very pretty. Love the colors you are using and I look forward to seeing more progress on this piece.

Mouse said...

ohhh me me me count me in pleaseeeeee :) what a brill idea about the autograph book too :0 and mmmm think it needs to come over here for a trip first hint hint hahahah absolutely love this chart :) love mouse xxxx
www.talesofastitchingmouse.blogspot.com

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh - it really really needs to come to the UK! Please include me. Ta very much! Irene xxx

lynda said...

I would love a chance to stitch this design...please include me...thanks!

Sheila said...

Love the color and your finish is just beautiful. I would love a chance to stitch the design.
Thanks!

Jeanne said...

I'm not signing up for the traveling pattern Jennifer, wanted to comment on your previous post about quilting. Go look around at the Fat Quarter Shoppe for patterns - they have their patterns categorized so you can browse patterns just made for jelly rolls or charm packs and there are lots to choose from. You might think about starting with a little tablerunner or small wall-hanging which is not so overwhelming as a whole quilt. :) If you have any quilting questions feel free to email me (address is in my profile) I've been quilting for almost 20 yrs.

Myra said...

I would love to be included. I saw Peggy Lee give birth to this one on her blog and I just love your version too. I have a beautiful red silk floss that would look very pretty in this design. :o)

Ezia Gladstone said...

hi, beautiful blog! and beautiful work!
Ezia.

Teresa said...

I think the pattern would love to come to So. Calif.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Lisa V said...

Pls include my name in the draw, I would love to stitch this gorgeous pattern and then pass it along.
Cheers
LISA V

Megan Chamberlain said...

I would love to have a chance to stitch this design. The little book idea of its travels sounds wonderful and so much fun.

Karen said...

Not entering but what a great idea Jen! After seeing your start on the piece on facebook i bought the pattern and some BS peacock and some very pretty autumn gold fabric to stitch it on. :)can't wait to get started on it sometime soon.

mdgtjulie said...

What a great idea Jennifer. I would never stitch it in a timely manner, though, so don't enter my name in the draw. Maybe at a later time. I'll watch to see where it goes next!!!

Blu said...

Count me in! I'm determined to get myself into one of the many travelling patterns, so far no luck, but maybe this one?

Teresa said...

I think that wonderful chart needs to visit So. Calif.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Lindsay said...

It really needs to come over the pond for a visit :)