Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Exchanging is Awesome!

I know that many of you have been disappointed in the past with some exchanges that you have been involved in.  So, here's the perfect way to combat a bad exchange.........do a private "one on one" exchange with someone that you know.  I did!

Back in May of this year I went to visit my dear friend Sharon.  We had such a good time together like we always do.  I also got to do a few things that I don't get to do while I'm at home, such as go to a Diamondbacks MLB game and (most importantly) visit The Attic Needlwork Shop.  One of the days that I was there, The Attic had a stitch-in that I got to be a part of.  I met many wonderful people including Karen.  Upon my return home, Karen and I befriended each other on Facebook and started email communications.  She suggested that we do a private exchange.

Now, I saw all of Karen's wonderful stitching and finishing while I was out in Arizona.  So, of course it was a no brainer that I would do an exchange with her.  We set a theme and we set a date to mail off our exchanges to each other.  Knowing that sometimes life gets in the way, we were in constant contact about our exchange.  Life happens and our original mail date came and went.  However, we both buckled down and got our exchanges out to each other.

Here's what came in the mail over the weekend:

<>
Such beautiful presentation!



This was from Blackbird Designs, but I don't know the title of the piece.  However, it was stitched on 35ct Straw using Crescent Colous Capuccino and DMC.

<>
Isn't this just the cutest little pincushion?  I love the lace!
The background on the front cover is also the backing to my pincushion.
Check out the inside!  And Karen even included a pair of scissors.....afterall, a girl can't have enough scissors!
The back cover even has a pocket.
Karen, I love it!  Thank you so much!

Oh, and just incase you think......"I could never do that!", Karen has her own finishing service.  Check out the blog at Finely Finished for all the details.  I can honestly say that Karen's work is amazing!

Thanks again Karen!

Happy Stitching!





15 comments:

Diana said...

What great exchange pieces!

Katrina said...

Really gorgeous!!!! And I think it's a Loose Feather pattern :-).

Faye said...

Karen certainly IS an awesome finisher!!! I know you are pleased with your exchange pieces....They are priceless! Take care, Faye

Myra said...

Those are gorgeous! I love exchanging - you "meet" so many new people whom you otherwise wouldn't.

Robin said...

Wow! What a lovely set. Karen certainly does beautiful work! Love the color combinations, so pleasing to the eye.

Parsley said...

I love it! GORGEOUS!

Melissa said...

Wow! Just gorgeous!

Karyn said...

Wow! That is just gorgeous....you are so blessed, and Karen is so talented. :)
Hugs
Ma TK

Lisa V said...

I agree with the one on one exchanges, I think I will be sticking to that abit more next year. The piece you recieved is gorgeous.
LISA V

valerie said...

Great exchange pieces!!

Sharon said...

It's gorgeous!

Kathy said...

It is beyond words beautiful!

Sherry :o) said...

Beautiful and stunning!

Beth said...

Whata wonderfully crafted, creative and beautiful gift!

Elsina said...

What a beautiful set! I only recently picked up cross stitching again after being to busy with kids for 20 years. Your images are so inspiring! Need to get supplies as soon as I get to town :)