Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Two Goals Down

....and only a billion more to go!

Last night was a busy one for me, but I still managed to fulfill another goal. I ended up heading home from work about a half hour earlier than I had planned due to some begging from Hubby. He was anxious to head to the mall to look for a new wedding band. You see, he has lost 53 pounds in the last eight months. With all that weight loss he lost a half size on his ring finger. We had originally purchased a Tungston ring and those can't be resized. But, we found out that we only had to spend $25 and give them his old ring and then we would get a brand new one in four to six weeks. That saves us $225! A brand new ring is $250! Woo-hoo!
(We still picked up a cheap $20 stainless steel ring for Hubby so that he wouldn't feel "unmarried".)

With the savings from Hubby's ring I went shopping! My weight has shifted because of the pregnancy and the miscarriage, so my suits for work are on the wrong side of uncomfortable. Plus, I needed a "winter" dress for a wedding that I am attending over the weekend. Lucky for me I found not one, but three dresses that I can wear to the wedding AND to work! I love it when a a plan comes together!

Speaking of plans, I fulfilled my plan to stitch on memorial/memory sampler last night. After returning from shopping I sat down on the "happy couch" while Hubby flipped channels on the TV. I had originally thought that I had about 10 stitches left, but I didn't realize that I still had 20 eyelet stitches to do as well. I persevered and made it through the last of the stitches. Now it looks like I will be spending some time focusing on the last of the monthlies. Hopefully I can come close to kicking those out this weekend so that I can jump on my BBD exchange piece in a hurry.

I'm just so excited to have finished my sampler. I can't wait to find a frame so that I can share it with everyone.

Here's to another great day with more success towards finishing my goals.

Happy Stitching!


3 comments:

Kathy said...

It is always fun when your shopping trips are successful. :)

I can't wait to see your memorial sampler.

Karyn said...

High fives, happy hugs and a Ma TK kiss for ya darlin' :)
Congrats to hubby that is not only amazing but gets a high five and hug from Ma too!
XO
Me

Faye said...

Dont you just love it when you "check" things off your list!!?? I know I do!

Good job and I cannot wait to see your beautiful framed piece!

Take care, Faye