Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Picture Proof Positive

I have more proof that I have been hard at working stitching and finishing.  A few posts ago I mentioned that I took pictures of a personal exchange that I had stitched for Karen.  I got a lovely email confirmation that she received her package.  Here's the big reveal for those of you that don't read her blog.


"Seaside Retreat"
by Blackbird Designs
I thought that this was an appropriate piece for our exchange since she lives in Arizona and I live on the shores of the Mid-Atlantic.  I had a very hard time trying to decide how to finish this piece.  Nothing I wanted to do seemed right for it.  Then I dug into my small (but ever-growing) stash of frames and this one was the perfect match.  This was my second attempt at framing and I think that it turned out nice.  I decided to pin my work on acid free core board and I even "puffed" the piece out from the inside of the frame using quilt batting.  I backed the frame with the scrapbook paper that it is sitting on in this photo.

Here's the details on "Seaside Retreat".......Many of you may remember that I stitched this pattern for myself earlier this year. (See the June 4th and June 7th posts for pictures.)  I had tons of inquiries last time I posted this pattern and I can still honestly say that I am not ready to give up this pattern, especially since I have a feeling that I may be stitching it again someday soon.  The pattern was from a retreat that I attended in 2009 and has not been released to the general public as of yet.  I have heard rumors that Barb & Alma are going to release a book of their class pieces, so maybe this one will be in there.  I stitched this on 40ct Vintage Tundra by Lakeside Linen.  I also used a Limited Edition Color of Belle Soie.  This piece took about two weeks to stitch, but I was also working on other stitching projects during those two weeks.

I'm so glad to hear that Karen is enjoying our exchange!  I hope you like it too!  I'm always open to private exchanges as long as I have the time.

Happy Stitching.

12 comments:

Barb said...

Great piece. I love sea designs. Great job

Margaret said...

It's beautiful, Jennifer! I would definitely hang onto that chart. You need to stitch it for yourself now!

Catherine said...

It looks fantastic! I'm so excited that Barb and Alma may release class patterns in a book!! I do hope that this one will be in there - I'll be stitching it for sure!

Jan said...

It is gorgeous, love those colors and the pattern is really neat!! Karen must be over the top thrilled with her special gift.

Kathy said...

It is absolutely beautiful. I love the color you used and the pattern is just adorable. I do hope that BBD puts this one in their collection.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

What a pretty design.
Be always in stitches.

Hazel said...

It's stunning and the framing is top notch! x

Valerie said...

Love it! You did a great job on the framing and the color is beautiful!

Beth said...

What a great gift - lovely use of color and framing looks most professional!

Karen said...

It is amazing! I absolutely love it! It may get its own "shelf" to be on in the craft room and i have alot of shells i can arrange around it. :) thank you again Jen!!

valerie said...

Wonderful exchange piece! You did a great job on the framing. At the SB retreat this year, Alma did say that they will be releasing a booklet with retreat patterns...I think in Feb. for Nashville.

staci said...

Gorgeous exchange piece!!!