Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Mail

I received a little bit of stitchy happiness in the mail the other day.  My favorite shop, The Attic in Mesa, AZ, sent me a few goodies that I have been anxiously awaiting.

As you already know, I absolutely love Blackbird Designs.  I'm in the process of purchasing the whole Anniversaries of the Heart series that they have been working on this year.  I haven't stitched any of them yet because I'm still trying to decide if I want to stitch them individually or stitch them all as one.  At least I'm now all caught up.  I'll be anxiously awaiting the last few patterns.

I also purchased a beautiful pair of Sullivan scissors.  Now, before I go on about these scissors, I must admit that I am a total scissor nut.  After all, how else am I supposed to display all my scissor fobs?  My favorite brand of scissors are Dovo's, but these were so pretty that I had to add them to my collection.  They are much heavier than Dovo's but I think that they are a tad bit lighter than Ginghers.  The blades are very sharp and they have a smooth operation.  They are my new favorite scissor!  (At least until I get a new pair of Dovo's!)  Be sure to take a look at The Attic's October 6th newsletter and then scroll down to page 15 to get a look at all of the different designs available.  Now that I've looked back, I've spotted another pair that I want! 

There was a little more stitchy happiness in the box, but I can't share it right now.  You see, there were some Christmas gifts in there and I know that the recipients read my blog.  I guess I'll have to keep you in suspense!

Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Sharon Crescent said...

I bought the same exact pair!! :)

Sharon

Catherine said...

Great goodies!!! Love those scissors!

Deborah said...

Love the scissors! I must add them to my collection.

Karen said...

LOVE the scissors, might have to order me a pair. not that i don't hav enough already. LOL I hope you get another "stitchy" package in the mail here real soon! :)

Deb said...

Love your stash, but especially love those scissors. Being the scissor whore that I am, I think that I need to pick up a pair of them - they're beautiful.