Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Minute Madness and a Quick Finish

I'm quite proud of myself these last few days.  I've managed to keep up with my fifteen minute a day promise for the time being.  While it doesn't look like much to me, I know that every little bit helps.  This "E" shot is the result of three days of fifteen minute (or sometimes half hour) stitching.

ABC's of Aging by L*K
When I finish my daily fifteen, I make myself ready for the next day's fifteen.  In today's case it meant that my needle is ready to continue with the "ate" in chocolate.  I find that the simple act of starting the needle makes the next fifteen minute session so much easier. 

Speaking of quick and easy, I'm so excited to say that my "ABCD" by La-D-Da was a quick, easy and extremely fun piece.  In fact, I finished it last week, but this was the first chance that I have had to post a good picture.  Too bad it wasn't part of my Crazy January Challenge!

ABCD by La-D-Da
Stitched on 40ct Vintage Dark Ltd. Run
using Peacock and Petunia Belle Soie
I also spent some time "finishing" over the weekend, but that will have to wait for another day.

Happy Stitches!

24 comments:

Valerie said...

Congrats on the La-D-Da piece! I just love the thread colors that you used...those blues are so pretty!

I also use the 15 minute stitching philosophy. It works! I also keep my needle threaded and ready to go...it does make a difference when you pick it back up!

cucki said...

well done dear..it is really looking so lovely..hugs xx

Joyce Clark Frank said...

That is a good goal to set, 15 minutes a day gets you going and you get more done that you think.
My goal to stitch each day is at least 15 minutes. So far since the first of the year, I have done it.
Great stitching on the pieces.

natalysneedle said...

Love your La D Da finish! The colors are beautiful.

Mouse said...

ooooo love that la de da one :) and well done on keeping up with your stitching challenge times :) love mouse xxxx

valerie said...

Great finish! I love that teal color. And any amount of stitching helps...a little bit goes a long way. I should try that since I haven't really been stitching much the last 3 weeks. It feels weird!

Catherine said...

I think the letter "E" is one of my favorites - since it stands for Eat Chocolate!!

I love your finish of the LaDDa piece!! Great color!!

Sherry :o) said...

I love the La-D-Da alphabet! And the color of the silk is beautiful!! I have often thought of doing 15 min when I have the time but never wanted to drag it all out, thread the needle, etc. I guess if it was preped at the end before putting away, that would be helpful...may have to give that a try. Sometimes 15 minutes is all it would take to relax the day's worries away.

Nancy said...

Lovely finish, the color is beautiful!! Great progress on La-D-Da piece! Isn't funny how something as simple as pre-threading a needle can help us get more motivated to stitch!

SoCal Debbie said...

How cute that you stitched your initial "J" in a contrasting color on your La-D-Da piece! Adorable!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love the La D Da piece !!! Those colors are great!!!

Shelley said...

What a great idea - I think I may have to try it.. my stitchy mojo has taken a holiday so maybe if I set aside 15 mins each day it will help lure it out. Shelley :)

Jackie's Stitches said...

I decided to sew for 15 minutes tonight. It ended up being 30 minutes. I can't do it every night due to other obligations but I'm going to try and do something. I can stitch in bed so I'm going to try the 15 minutes in the morning before work (I generally do have time) or in the evenings. It's such a calming experience!

Love your ABCD - especially the Peacock BS. Yummy!

Cindy said...

Good job! You are moving right along! I like the tip. 15 minutes a day, I will try that, after my glasses come in.:)

Myra said...

I just love the colors in your La D Da piece. Beautiful!

Robin said...

Love the La-D-Da ABCD. Very nice. And every time I see your progress on Lizzie kate's abc's of aging I want to dig it out of my work basket! You are inspiring me!

Anonymous said...

Great finish. Love the colors and fabric too.
I like your idea of making time stitching by creating a daily 15 minutes. And it surely shows result - a beautiful result to be precisely :)

Teresa said...

Really love the ABC, will have to look into that one.
Now you have me wanting to go have some chocolate.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

mdgtjulie said...

Grats on the finish, and on the progress. I LOVE the floss you used for ABCD. It's breathtaking! Gorgeous! I've never used Belle Soie before. How is it?

Charlene ♥ NC said...

You're so right - every stitch counts! And progress is being made. Love that peacock... may have to have some of that!

Peggy Lee said...

The colors you used in the La D Da pieces are so beautiful. Love that "J"!
I am SO GLAD the chart did not arrived with the curse that was attached to it here in KY. Said curse probably slid off on to another of my charts...noooooo!!!!!!

Unknown said...

very beautiful projects. Love that you divided your time in 15minutes sessions :-)
I usually stitch until it's time to go to bed

Sharon said...

Love your La D Da finish. Great colors!

staci said...

Love your La-D-Da finish...your floss colors are gorgeous!!!