Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Too Much To Talk About

That four day weekend really went by in a blur!  With the exception of the "Monday Hot Water Heater Hiccup", everything was rather pleasant.  The guy who was supposed to show up at 2pm never came, but we did end up hearing from the owner of the company about 2 hours later.  He ended up coming out and fixing the problem, but I won't be using them anymore.  I've been able to get a few names from friends and I think that in the next couple of weeks I am going to call and have someone look at our system to make sure that everything really is alright.

Now that the water heater problem is solved, I can begin to tell you about the fun I had this weekend.  I made lots of progress on many different things, so I think I'm going to break it up over the next few days.

First of all, Hubby and I traveled to a few estate sales on Saturday.  I didn't find any stitching goodies, but I did find this:
A lovely piece of blue Wedgwood.....and in the original box too!  See the stamp on the back?
And, at $5.00 it was a fabulous find!  I don't think I will be that lucky again when it comes to a piece of Wedgwood!  Too bad it is not green.  Then I would have given it to my mom to go with her set.  (Don't worry Mom, I'll be on the lookout for more.  Especially if I can pay those prices!)  I don't know how much it is worth right now, but I do know that it is worth more than what I paid for it.

Saturday afternoon was spent with my Stitching Sisters.  I didn't get too much stitching in as I wasn't able to stay too long because I had to meet my mother for dinner.  But, I did manage to "grow a little grass" on one of my Crazy January Challenges.  (More on that soon!)

I do have so much more to talk about, but time is getting short.  So, I'll leave the rest for another post.

Oh, by the way, tomorrow is my THIRD BLOGOVERSARY!  Stop by tomorrow for details on a giveaway!

Happy Stitches!

7 comments:

Myra said...

Glad you got the water heater taken care of. Major problems like that can really put a damper on your fun and relaxation. Love the wedgewood piece - very pretty.

Nancy said...

Pretty piece of wedgewood! You got a deal on it. Glad your water heater is working again.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogaversary!

Mouse said...

ooo do hope you can get some one better for your water system ... wow great find on the wedge wood ... google it to find worth ???? love mouse xxx

CJ said...

I love Wedgewood, wiah I would have bought more when I was stationed in England. It is a great find. Happy Blogoversary!!!

CJ

Peggy Lee said...

Hi Jennifer! Just getting back in to the blogging scene after working my Spring stint.
I have a few pieces of Wedgwood and I love them. Never looked the worth of them up though. Maybe I should!

La D Da's ABCD will be on it's way to you shortly.

Brigitte said...

Four day weekends always fly by much too fast, don't they? We are having one just now but I already know that I won't be able to do all the things that I have in mind, lol.
A great find, your piece of Wedgwood.